Michael Radford (1994) Il Postino (The Postman) 일 포스티노
based on Antonio Skármeta (1985) 네루다의 우편배달부
Pablo: Here on the island, the sea... so much sea. It spills over from time to time. It says yes, then no... then no. In blue, in foam, in a gallop... it says no, then no. It cannot be still. My name is sea, it repeats... striking a stone but not convincing it. Then with the seven green tongues of seven green tigers... of seven green seas... it caresses it, kisses it, wets it... and pounds on its chest, repeating its own name. Well? What do you think?
Mario: It's weird.
Pablo: What do you mean, weird? You're a severe critic.
Mario: No, not your poem. Weird... Weird... how I felt while you were saying it.
Pablo: How was that?
Mario: I don't know. The words went back and forth.
Pablo: Like the sea then?
Mario: Exactly. Like the sea.
Pablo: There, that's the rhythm.
Mario: I felt seasick, in fact.
Pablo: Seasick!
Mario: Because ... I can’t explain it. I felt like ... like a boat tossing around on those words.
Pablo: Like a boat tossing around on my words? Do you know what you’ve done, Mario?
Mario: No, what?
Pablo: You’ve invented a metaphor. Yes, you have!
Mario: Really? But it doesn’t count because I didn’t mean to.
Pablo: Meaning to is not important. Images arise spontaneously.
Mario: You mean then that... for example, I don't know if you follow me... that the whole world... the whole world, with the sea, the sky... with the rain, the clouds...
Pablo: Now you can say etc., etc.
Mario: Etc., etc. The whole world is the metaphor for something else? I'm talking crap.
Pablo: No, not at all. Not at all.
Mario: You pulled a strange face.
Pablo: Mario, let's make a pact. I'll have a nice swim... and ponder your question. Then I'll give you an answer tomorrow.
Mario: Really?
Pablo: Yes, really.
그렇지만 배달하러 자전거 타고 가는 길이 제일 좋았다. 화이자 맞고 괜히 놀고 있음.
cf. Ilan Stavans · Ivana Bosnjak · Thomas Johnson (2017) Romance and revolution: The poetry of Pablo Neruda
뛰어난 애니/강의. 어릴 때 가장 가고 싶은 나라였는데.
No comments:
Post a Comment